WITH VIDEO AND INFOGRAPHIC: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8h1tvxm1lodsu9m/AABO82vnFLvjkpvU-tgXbylAa?dl=0
America is home to the most dog-friendly parks on the planet, according to new research.
From walks along the Pacific Northwest to bicoastal café hangouts in California and New York, America tops the polls for the most dog-friendly parks in the world.
Parks in Oregon, Piedmont and Brooklyn feature among top the recommendations, which were voted on by more than 10,000 animal lovers from 130 countries.
California has the most dog-friendly cafés, and Lake Merritt is the number one place to walk a four-legged friend in the U.S., according to a list compiled on TrustedHousesitters.com of the 100 most pet-friendly places in the world.
From over 54,000 locations recommended worldwide, 26 places in the U.S. made the top 100 list – just less than the U.K. with 30, followed by Australia coming in third with 20.
Australia took the top spot for the world’s most pet-friendly beaches, while the U.K. had the most pet-friendly tourist attractions.
But when it comes to keeping our four-legged friends fit and healthy, America leads the way, with more dog-friendly parks than any other country.
Open spaces like Lake Eola Park, Florida, and the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs proved to be some of the most highly recommended for a dog’s day out.
The U.S. tied with the U.K. for pet-friendly cafés like Caffe Vita in Seattle, Pitanga in Brooklyn and the pet-friendly winery in Temecula, California.
Tim Lyons, the managing director of TrustedHousesitters, said, “Over the past two years, we’ve logged thousands of recommendations given to us about the world’s most pet-friendly places and a handful of countries, including the U.S., U.K. and Australia are really leading the way with their pet-friendly parks, restaurants and attractions. It is great to see Lake Merritt and Piedmont Park in the U.S. as two of the top three places globally for dog walks.”
The house- and pet-sitting site created its top 100 list after animal lovers in 130 countries shared their favorite pet-friendly destinations. The list has been released to celebrate the launch of the new TrustedHousesitters app, making it even easier to connect with caring, verified house and pet sitters.
To see the full list of the 100 most pet-friendly places in the world visit: https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/top-pet-friendly-places/
AMERICA’S PET-FRIENDLY PLACES FROM THE GLOBAL LIST:
- Lake Merritt (world #2)
- Piedmont Park (world #3)
- Garden of the Gods (world #11)
- Fort Greene Park (world #15)
- Niagara Falls (world #16)
- Frodo Joe’s Petit Cafe (world #18)
- Union Market (world #25)
- Multnomah Falls (world #30)
- Balboa Park (world #33)
- Kerry Park (world #41)
- Gillette Castle State Park (world #43)
- Fremont Troll (world #46)
- Bipartisan Cafe (world #59)
- Fleur De Lis Bakery (world #62)
- Caffe Vita (world #70)
- Greenhouse Cafe (world #71)
- Pitanga (world #77)
- Good Life Cafe (world #80)
- Maurice Car’rie (world #82)
- Julian’s Providence (world #84)
- Barista (world #86)
- Lemon Poppy Kitchen (world #87)
- Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar (world #90)
- Lake Eola Park (world #93)
- Nido (world #95)
- The Griddle Cafe (world #97)
TOP 10 MOST PET-PLEASING PLACES IN THE WORLD:
- The Eden Project, Cornwall, UK
- Lake Merritt, Oakland, USA
- Piedmont Park, Piedmont, USA
- Watercress Line, Hampshire, UK
- Cashmere Hill Lookout, Victoria Park, New Zealand
- Lost Gardens of Heligan, St. Austell, UK
- South Bank, Brisbane, Australia
- Verteuil-sur-Charente, France
- Mission Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
- Ibirapuera Park, São Paulo
The study into the 100 most pet-friendly places in the world was conducted by TrustedHousesitters, the world’s largest house- and pet-sitting business, across members in 130 countries. Thousands of animal lovers recommended 54,000 pet-friendly places. The top 100 list features the most frequently recommended places in order of popularity.