Innovative new service, HubBox, provides a convenient click-and-collect solution for a growing consumer problem
The explosion in popularity of online shopping over the last decade has resulted in thriving courier industry making over 1 billion deliveries across the UK each year. However, every day more than 300,000 of these deliveries are missed, resulting in inconvenience for the customer and escalating costs for retailers.
Now an innovative new service is set to solve that problem, enabling customers to click and collect orders from ANY online retailer via a network of convenient local pick-up points. HubBox offers online shoppers a safe, secure alternative for their deliveries, enabling them to select a pick-up point close to their home, work, gym or any other location they can visit at a more convenient time.
The click-and-collect service is perfect in instances when:
- You’re not going to be available to sign for a delivery
- You don’t want parcels left where they could be damaged or stolen
- You don’t want people at home to see gifts being delivered
- You’re going away and want deliveries to be waiting for you at your destination
How it works:
HubBox is designed to be as intuitive and flexible for users as possible, offering a simple, secure process that puts them in control of their deliveries:
- Users sign up and receive their own unique HubBox ID
- At the checkout of any online retailer, users simply add their HubBox ID and chosen pick-up point to the name and delivery address fields
- Good are shipped direct to pick-up points and the user receives a confirmation email when the parcel is ready to collect
- Users pay a small fee of £1.95 (pay-as-you-go) or £5.95 (monthly subscription)
Benefits for retailers:
60% of consumers are reported to have experienced problematic deliveries in the last year, and this inconvenience is impacting shoppers’ behaviour online. Studies show insufficient delivery options are the reason for 48% of abandoned shopping baskets, with 88% of shoppers now wanting the reassurance of a collect in-store option.
The HubBox network of pick-up points is rapidly expanding across the UK and is set to reach more than 2,500 outlets by early 2017. The network consists of a range of trusted local shops, drycleaners, pharmacies and other independent retailers. Being part of the network not only provides these stores with an additional revenue stream, but it also increases footfall to the stores, helping to support High Streets across the UK.
Behind the business:
HubBox is the brainchild of entrepreneur, Sam Jarvis. Having experienced the frustration and inconvenience of frequently missed deliveries first hand, he set about developing a solution to a growing problem. Since being founded in 2014 the company has expanded to build an experienced in-house tech team, backed by Nexus Investments and a number of prominent angel investors.
Sam Jarvis is an expert in retail and customer experience, and is available to provide expert comment or by-lined articles on a range of topics, including:
- Convenience is the new loyalty: How e-tailers can attract and keep customers
- How delivery options impact drop-out rates for online retail
- How the lines between online and offline retail are blurring
For further information or to use HubBox for your next delivery go to HubBox Website