FROM THE HUMANS BEHIND THE DESPICABLE ME FRANCHISE
Get three mini-movies, only when you buy, Including Mower Minions which debuted in Cinemas and is now available to own.
now on digital download
on BLU-RAY™, DVD and on-demand from November 14
4K ULTRA HD™ DECEMBER 12
from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
“You’ll never look at your pets the same way again.” – Erik Davis, Fandango
The Secret Life of Pets is available to download now and comes to Blu-ray and DVD on 14th November. The film stars Max, a Jack Russell terrier and a big, sloppy dog named Duke as the two try to find their way back to their owner’s apartment!
To celebrate the film’s release, there is going to be an exclusive ‘Petmiere’ taking place hosted by Martine McCutcheon. A Premier where you watch The Secret Life of Pets at the cinema with your dog there, too!
It’s taking place at the Prince Charles Cinema in London on Saturday 12th November between 2:30pm and 5:30pm. We have 10 ticket bundles to giveaway, each bundle will contain 2 x human tickets and 1 x ticket for your dog!
Enter now for your chance to win! [wd_hustle id=”pets”]
Entries will be drawn on Thursday, 10 November 2016.
The Secret Life of Pets is out now on digital download and comes to Blu-ray and DVD on 14th November, courtesy of Universal Pictures (UK).
The Secret Life of Pets
This Christmas, the answer to the question “Ever wonder what your pets do when you’re not home?” is answered when The Secret Life of Pets comes to Digital Download on October 31st, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on November 14th and 4K Ultra HD™ on December 12th. Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and the humans behind the Despicable Me franchise present a worldwide hit with over $726 million in global ticket sales. The Secret Life of Pets is “fun for the whole family!” says AOL’s Jenny Depper. The Blu-ray™ and DVD versions feature nearly an hour of bonus content, including three hilarious mini-movies: the all-new Norman Television and Weenie PLUS Mower Minions which debuted in cinemas and is now available to own.
In their fifth fully animated feature-film collaboration, Illumination Entertainment and Universal Pictures present The Secret Life of Pets, a comedy about the lives our pets lead when we leave for work or school. Max, voiced by Louis C.K., is a loyal terrier living a perfectly happy existence until his owner, Katie (Ellie Kemper) brings home Duke (Eric Stonestreet) a big, boisterous mutt she finds at the shelter. When Max and his unruly new “roommate” slip away from their dog-walker, they find themselves lost in the urban jungle of New York City. In an attempt to stay ahead of animal control and a rebel band of abandoned pets led by an unhinged bunny named Snowball (Kevin Hart), they put aside their differences to survive the epic journey back home.
With an all-star voice cast including Louis C.K. (TV’s Louie), Eric Stonestreet (TV’s Modern Family), Kevin Hart (Ride Along Series), Jenny Slate (Zootopia), Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), Lake Bell (TV’s Children’s Hospital), Dana Carvey (Wayne’s World), Hannibal Buress (Neighbors series), Bobby Moynihan (TV’s “Saturday Night Live”), Steve Coogan (Minions) and Albert Brooks (Finding Dory), The Secret Life of Pets is “non-stop action and laughs,” says Peter Travers of Rolling Stone. The film is directed by Chris Renaud (Despicable Me franchise, Dr. Seuss’ the Lorax) and co-directed by Yarrow Cheney (Despicable Me franchise).
BLU-RAY™ AND DVD BONUS FEATURES
- Norman Television
- Mower Minions
- All About The Pets – Kevin Hart and Eric Stonestreet, with the help of animal trainer Molly Mignon O’Neill take you on an educational journey to learn more about your average and not-so average, household pets.
- Animals Can Talk: Meet The Actors – The comedy superstars who give voice to the film’s menagerie of characters talk about their roles and the process of bringing them to life.
- Hairstylist To The Dogs – Inspired by “Hairspray Live!,” Eric Stonestreet, with the help of a professional dog groomer Jess Rona, will take you through the basic steps to help your pups look as awesome as possible when they’re hanging out with their pet pals.
- The Best Of Snowball – A rapid-fire, fun and oddly musical mash-up of all the best Snowball one-liners
- Hot Dog Sing-Along – Join Max and Duke as they perform for their dinner in the sausage factory. This straightforward sing along is fun for the whole family to enjoy.
- Sing Trailer
- “Lovely Day” Lyric Video
- The Humans that Brought You Pets – Producers Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy, directors Chris Renaud and Yarrow Cheney, and writer Brian Lynch discuss what went into creating The Secret Life of Pet’s compelling characters and non-stop action.
- GoPro®: The Secret Life of Pets
- The Making of the Mini-Movies – A fun and interesting take on the Making of the Mini-Movies – we’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them.
- Sticker sheet
BLU-RAY™ EXCLUSIVES (Available on Blu-ray editions)
- How to Make an Animated Film – A behind-the-scenes look at how to make an animated film from the various departments that make up Illumination.
- Anatomy of a Scene – Filmmakers and animators take us through the multi-step process it takes to create a specific scene in the Secret Life of Pets.
4K ULTRA HD™
The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD™ in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD with UltraViolet. The 4K Ultra HD™ will include all bonus features on the Blu-ray™ disc.
- 4K Ultra HD™ is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HDTM features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet™ lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download
Cast: Louis C.K., Eric Stonestreet, Kevin Hart, Jenny Slate, Ellie Kemper, Lake Bell, Dana Carvey, Hannibal Buress, Bobby Moynihan, Steve Coogan and Albert Brooks
Directed By: Chris Renaud and Yarrow Cheney
Written By: Cinco Paul, Ken Daurio and Brian Lynch
Produced By: Christopher Meledandri and Janet Healy
Associate Produced By: Robert Taylor and Brett Hoffman
Production Designer: Eric Guillon
Edited By: Gilad Carmel and Eric Osmond
Composer: Alexandre Desplat
About Illumination Entertainment
Illumination Entertainment, founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of all-audience event films. In July 2010, Illumination, which has an exclusive financing and distribution partnership with Universal Pictures, released its first film, Despicable Me, starring Steve Carell, which earned more than $540 million worldwide and launched a beloved global franchise. With the success of 2011’s Hop (more than $183 million worldwide), 2012’s Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, 2013’s juggernaut Despicable Me 2 and the 2015 billion dollar global sensation Minions starring Academy Award®-winner Sandra Bullock and Jon Hamm, written by Brian Lynch, and directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda, Illumination’s films have made more than $3 billion worldwide. Fans may also experience Minion Mayhem in 3D with the Ultra-HD movie motion simulator adventure at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
About Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios. Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.