“Witches are easily the most dangerous of all living creatures on earth.”
– Roald Dahl
This October half term, get into the Halloween spirit with a week of witchy fun and mischief – part of Roald Dahl’s Tremendous Adventures at Tatton Park, a year-long programme of events celebrating 100 years since the beloved author’s birth.
From Saturday 22 to Sunday 30 October, The Old Hall – the park’s oldest building – will be transformed into Hotel Magnificent (the scene of most of the action in Roald Dahl’s famous book) where visitors are invited to a Spooktacular Halloween Party and come dressed up.
Find all the ingredients for the Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker (the potion that turns children into mice), visit the creepy sweet shop laboratory and listen to spooky storytelling in the barn.
Tatton Park’s Witch Spotting Checklist may come in as a handy guide when you visit the Old Hall!
- They always wear gloves
- Witches don’t have normal fingernails, they have thin claws, like cats – which is why they wear gloves ALL THE TIME, even indoors.
- They are bald as a boiled egg
- But many choose to wear very realistic wigs – don’t be fooled!
- They have large nose holes
- Real witches have an amazing sense of smell due to their very large nose holes – they can smell a child from across the street. And the cleaner the child, the easier they are to smell.
- Their eyes change colour
- If you look carefully at a real witch’s eye, you will notice the pupil changes colour – it will send shivers down your spine.
- They have no toes
- Real witches have feet with square ends – but they try to hide this by squeezing their feet into pretty shoes. Watch out for them limping!
- They have blue spit
- Real witches have spit so blue they can even use it to write with it.
In The Mansion, little ones will need to be extra careful not to be turned into mice! Follow the trails around the Mansion’s treasures and servants’ quarters to find those unlucky ones who have been transformed already!
When the clock chimes, it’s time to head to The Farm and collect your conker from the Witches’ Tree. The whole family can join in a creepy and chilling conker challenge. To top off the fun at the Farm there’s gazillions of fun to be had taking part in the Fantastic Mr Fox Farm trail.
Visitors headed to The Gardens should expect some gruesome surprises….and there’s still time to go on an adventure with Danny the Champion of the World with Roald Dahl activities throughout the gardens.
Get a Totally Tatton Twit Ticket and enjoy discounted entry to 3 of the above attractions.
Family £27.50, Adult £11, Child £5.50. Car entry £6
For more information visit : Tatton Park Website
For more information about Roald Dahl’s Tremendous Adventures at Tatton Park visit : Roald Dahl’s Adventures
To find out more about other splendiferous Roald Dahl events visit : Roald Dahl Events