Hysteria broke out at our offices, here at Entertain the Kids
We were asked to review some ice-breaker cards… “The Art of Conversation”… what a laugh…!!!
“the laughter could be heard down the corridor and to our amazement people came from other offices to see what all the fuss was about” – RESULT we met new people from other businesses… a cool Networking Tool too…!!!
The gift that really brings families together at Christmas
We took these to our caravan and they provided excellent “5 minute fillers” throughout the weekend – no more squabbling before dinner
Award-winning games help families rediscover the forgotten “Art of Conversation”
Christmas is just around the corner… families will be getting together to celebrate… rushing here and there… festive foods, treats and drinks flowing… kids engrossed in their new computer games… adults staring at repeats of Only Fools and Horses… what happened to “the family getting together at Christmas”?
This year help is at hand from a pocket-sized, award-winning stocking filler, specially designed to get conversations flowing freely and ensure families really spend quality time with together.
The Art of Conversation is a best-selling range of “pocket sized” games that have been developed to improve conversation skills, turn us into better listeners and help us get to know each other better.
These games are a result of extensive research, the games not only provide fun at a family gathering but have also been professionally accepted as a resource for use in therapy and education.
The thought-provoking questions make it just as fun to play with complete strangers as old friends, and never fails to draw out jaw-dropping answers.
Not everybody enjoys playing games and competitions,The Art of Conversation has been developed to be played in a choice of nine different modes, making them just as perfect for some fiercely competitive fun as a casual chat during the post-lunch dead zone. To suit different personalities and interests, the game is also available in five additional versions, with titles including:
- The Art of Children’s Conversation: Helps build children’s confidence and become great communicators by listening to others and developing their own ideas into words.
- The Art of Literary Conversation: Perfect for readers, writers or even book clubs, it helps gain new perspectives on why we read and what we read.
- The Art of Christian Conversation: An inspiring game that helps Christians get to know themselves, each other and God better, through new angles to think about and discuss.
- The Art of Food Conversation: Developed to allow anyone who love food, cooking and eating to share their passions, enjoy time together and strengthen their relationships.
More than just a game, The Art of Conversation makes people think, reminisce and enjoy equally the company of lifelong friends and people they have only just met. Rather than focusing on the materialistic distractions of Christmas, the game helps develop quality time and memories that will last a very long time.
All six titles in The Art of Conversation range are available now from all good bookshops and online retailers, priced £9.98
Titles available and a selection of questions:
- Have you had a good idea for a business venture?
- What would you do if you were sure you’d get away with it?
- Is there an accent you can imitate? Please do.
- When you are alone, what do you do that you’re glad nobody sees
- Your greatest secret ambition
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had to do?
- Where would you like to be in 5 years’ time?
- What is the naughtiest thing you did as a child?
- Do you have anything you would like to give away?
- What do you think adults should remember about being a child, to help them bring up children well?
- What is the biggest problem in the world?
- Is there a rule that doesn’t make sense to you?
- When does a person become old?
- What is most important, to be wealthy, healthy or famous?
- If you weren’t you, who would you like to be?
- What would be the best thing about being grown up?
- Who is your favourite grown up, and why?
- If you were in charge, what rules would you have in your house?
- An embarrassing item in your pantry?
- What do you eat when you’re alone?
- What is the most bizarre thing you’ve ever swallowed?
- What is the greatest food scene in a movie?
- A fusion food that doesn’t work?
- Are you territorial about food, or happy to share
- With which sporting team or rock band would you most like to tour?
- If you could take only one more trip, what would it be?
- A travel experience that has changed your life?
- Your most emotional “hello” or “goodbye”?
- The most unusual accommodation in which you have stayed?
- The most famous person you have seen while on the move?
- The most wonderful thing about coming home?
About the makers: The Art of Conversation is the brainchild of Keith Lamb and Louise Howland. Keith Lamb was the lead singer of the multi-cultural glam-rock band, Hush, and after decades of touring, recording and producing music, set up TAOC® with Louise Howland, a well-travelled Australian who has worked as a psychiatric nurse and a music teacher. From their headquarters in Australia, the game is now being successfully exported to the USA, UK, Canada and New Zealand through book, game and educational channels.